This guide on how to install a toilet will tell you exactly what supplies you need and show you every step of the process. So let’s get started!
Before you can install a new toilet, there are a few tools you’ll need to gather.
- You’ll need a hacksaw to cut through the old wax ring and bolts.
- You’ll also need a putty knife to remove any old caulk or grime around the base of the toilet.
- A screwdriver will come in handy for removing the lid of the tank, and a plunger will be necessary for clearing any clogs in the drainpipe.
- You’ll need a wrench to tighten the bolts on the new toilet.
- You will also need a drilling machine to drill holes and a measuring tape to measure distances and lengths.
With these tools in hand, you should be able to install your new toilet without any trouble.
Steps to Install a Toilet
Installing a toilet is a straightforward task that can be completed in a few hours with the right tools and materials.
- The first step is to determine where the toilet will be located and mark the floor flange’s location. The floor flange is the part of the toilet that will be bolted to the floor, and it should be installed so that it is level and plumb
- Measure the distance from the center of the flange to the nearest wall or other obstruction. This measurement will be used to determine the length of the supply line. Make sure the flange of the closet fits into the hole on the floor up to its collar. Just outline the flange’s base with a pencil to make the hole bigger and remove the extra flooring with a jigsaw. Do not make any joist cuts.
- You will need to use a tubing bender for the supply line to connect from the stop valve outlet to the tank supply fitting. Now, with the flared end up, hold the pipe between these two places and mark an inch below the outlet. The remaining length of line may rest within the opening. Once the flange is installed and the supply line is in place, you can connect the two pieces with a wax ring and bolts.
- You will need to install the toilet seat and lid. Sit in the bowl while inserting the plastic bolts through the seat back and into the bowl’s seat holes, and then snug the nuts by hand. Allow the tank to fill by opening the stop valve and turning on the main supply line. The toilet has to be flushed six times. The last thing you need to do when installing a toilet is to ensure there are no leaks.
With a little time and effort, you can easily install a toilet in your home.
Installing a toilet in your home can be tricky if you’ve never done it before, especially if you don’t have any experience with plumbing or electric wiring. But by following these steps, anyone can install their toilet in their home without professional help!
Related Blog Posts